Hosts as Pop Singer

I was browsing through Ameba Vision for videos to watch and out of nowhere I clicked on a video on "Hosts". First I really don't know they were Hosts until I clicked a link that the user provided. So I was brought to a website where they show a bunch of Hosts. And at the end I ended up viewing this website on a new Host pop group "Club Prince" under Avex.
So I was thinking "What is wrong with Japan Hosts being as pop singers?" The first group I've heard that was originally formed by Hosts is AcQuA EP, even though I'm pretty interested in how they sound like when singing but I couldn't find any of their PV on youtube. But I guess they are going quiet well even though I thought I heard some news of them disbanding.

So a bit about Club Prince, Club Prince is a group of guys who worked at Kabukicho Host Club. The leader is Yuga who was a former member of a pop group Kids Alive but became a host after the group has faded away.

So by the looks of it AcQuA EP doesn't have too much of the "Hosts" image brought into their singing career but on the other hand Club Prince was full of host image.
Even the PV, song and official website is very host-ish style, with lots of pinks, love hearts and showing their bodies.
For the first impression of Club Prince, their single and PV sounds like they are promoting "Hosts" more than their group Club Prince.

And so I remember I said this to my mum "Isn't it's great to be a guy in Japan mum? Because when you don't have a job and you're a bit good looking you can become a host and earn millions of yen". My mum laughed after what I just said, I was only saying this to her because she just finished watching "Yaoh".
But I'm kind of interested how these hosts will become in the future.

0 Responses to "Hosts as Pop Singer" (Leave A Comment)