Vampire Knight




PLOT: Yuki's earliest memory is of a snowy night in winter, when she was attacked by one vampire and was saved by another, Kaname Kuran. Ten years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian for the school, with two purposes: To protect the Day class (humans) from the Night class (vampires)'s fangs and to protect the true identity of the Night class students from being discovered by the Day class students.

Kaname Kuran, Yuki's savior, leads the group of Night class, with the help of Takuma Ichijo. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who was born into a family of vampire hunters and whose hatred for the vampires that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined to kill them all and never trusts them. Through a cruel twist of fate, Zero becomes a vampire himself, having been bitten by a pureblood.

Later as the story progresses, it is revealed that Yuki is the true daughter of the Kuran family, a family of pureblood-vampires. She and Kaname were raised as siblings who are actually engaged to each other; it is normal for pureblood siblings to intermarry. Kaname awakened Yuki's 'vampire' side which was locked away by Yuki's deceased mother, who had wanted Yuki to have a better future by being a human.

Source: Wikipedia

This is the new anime that I'm currently watching, I haven't been a lot of animes lately because none of them interests me. But Vampire Knight got my attention, actually the graphics got my attention and the characters. So many hot bishounen and a good storyline.
Also maybe I myself is pretty interested in vampires, at the moment 3 episodes is released. At the end of episode Yuki finally knows the guy who's she knows from young is also a vampire.

The character Yuki really reminds me of Tohru from Fruits Basket, the type who looks weak but strong inside and also is protected or loved by hot looking guys. Although these type of female characters often annoys me but I'll see how this go.

I'm really am looking forward the next episode and see how this anime will go.

1 comments:

Anonymous says
April 28, 2008 9:23 am

Vampire Knight is an excellent manga, so I'm hoping the anime plays out well. You're totally right about Yuki being like Tohru or Furuba, but she actually becomes a little different than the typical shoujo heroine.